Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Teeing it Up for Lake Tamarisk Ladies' Golf

Welcome to the Lake Tamarisk Ladies' Golf Club blog. The official season has ended and we are already planning next season. With a new slate of officers we look forward to pursuing our goals: weekly competition and social activities. Much has been openly discussed as we explore new and different ways to do things.

Since I am the original author of this blog I hope you will indulge me a bit as I construct this site. There will be growing pains as this site evolves but I see this as a tool that all may enjoy. The tournament committee of Patti Cockcroft, Eileen Gray, and Sandra Howard (unfortunately Joy Helton left before we met) have been discussing what we would like to see to make the club fun for everyone.  As a member of this tournament committee I hope to have my finger on the pulse of what is going on regarding the games and tournaments we are going to play this year and share this information on this blog.   Eileen, Patti, and I  have also been conducting informal discussions with several members and officers and we welcome any additional ideas. We want to try to accommodate the competitive ladies' golf club members as well as the members who are looking for a more social club. We are sensitive to all handicappers, nine and eighteen holers, those who would play 32 holes of golf on ladies' day if they could, and the natural limitations of a transient membership. We have a very diverse membership and are trying to please as many as possible. Some of our members have been involved with the club for a number of years.  They have much to share and those more recent joiners are eager to hear their opinions. We don't want to reinvent the wheel but we do want to explore new ideas.

In looking through the "tournament box" I have learned a great deal. For instance the first records were hand written and then the records evolved to being typed on an old typewriter with a sticky "e" key and now to this blog. New is fun and exciting, but old should be respected and held to a high level.

You might be surprised how much golf history there is among us. As a mere youngster of 65 I know that my history is relatively short.  I would love to hear stories of your golf history. There are many names on the trophies  in the CSA hall. This could also be a place to learn a bit about how our club has evolved.

I hope to create a place where you may look weekly to see the results of the games we have played as well as a place to celebrate the small achievements.  It will be a place to go for information regarding up coming events.  Here you will see the winners of events but also I hope to share stories of your golf games that made you laugh or cry and maybe even life lessons you have learned playing golf. It will be a place to go for golf  tips  and golf rules. A place to share stuff, including pictures.

I look forward to your comments and stories, 
Sandra Howard





3 comments:

  1. Sandra,
    Thank you for stepping up to the plate and making our golf club more informative and fun! You ideas regarding the news letter are great! I will be looking and listening so I can contribute to your success in writing your blog.
    Thanks,
    Sandy Haeger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a comment but not sure where it went, incase it never gets found, thankyou sandra.Janie casey

      Delete
    2. well I found one of my posts, HMMM.. well anyway thankyou sandra for doing this, grrrr8 job by the way
      Janie Casey

      Delete